2016年11月23日水曜日

Rime ices in a mountain in late April


22 May 2014


We are climbing up a narrow trail. We haven’t met any other parties probably because the weather is not good and our route is not popular.  Suddenly, the mist disappeared. My friend told me, "Look! Isn't it rime on trees?" I see a line of trees with white branches along the upper ridge. After 3 hours walk, we reach the main ridge. An alpinist is passing when we take a rest there. The altitude is not very high, just 1300m, but it is very cold for late April. I feel my fingers painful, so I change my gloves to thick ones covered with overgloves. There is no snow on the ridge but in the valley. The trail on the main ridge is full of rime ices. My friend is excited because it is her first time to see them. Finally, we are on the top of the mountain called Hinokiboramaru after climbing steep slopes. It is misty again.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿